onsdag 1. oktober 2014

United States of America


Omg! I’ve arrived in San Francisco and it’s so beautiful here. I can’t describe how good it feels to finally be here. However, I’m not going to write about San Francisco today, because today I want to write about the USA in general. Soon I think I’ll write about San Francisco, but not today.

So let’s start with the flag, The Stars and Stripes, Red, White and Blue, Old Glory, The Star-Spangled Banner as it’s called. The flag has 50 stars, as of it being 50 states in the US. When it all started, the flag had 13 stars (from June 14, 1777). The version with 50 stars which is today was adopted July 4, 1960. This flag was also planted on the moon…
 

What about the government? In the US, you have the federal government of the republic of fifty states that constitute the United States, this means they have a president. His name is Barack Obama, he is the most powerful person in the world. The federal government of the United States has three branches of government: the legislature, executive, and judiciary. Washington D.C., which is the capital of the US, is where the white house lies. It’s here the President is working.
The currency in USA is United States dollar ($) and have the code USD. Another name is Federal Reserve Note.

The “national” day in USA is the 4th of July, aka Independence Day. They celebrates with fireworks over the whole country, the biggest fireworks is in New York City.
Some famous buildings in the US are The White House, The Statue of Liberty, The Golden Gate Bridge (I’ve been there!!!), Empire State Building, Washington National Cathedral, U.S. Capitol and Lincoln Memorial.
So, it’s late and I need to get in bed. I’ll see you later…. Goodnight!
Nora
 


1 kommentar:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post:) It's great that you write with a engaged language. Remeber that you can write more than the evaluation sheet asks for :) Keep up the god work:)

    SvarSlett