torsdag 2. oktober 2014

San Francisco & Phoenix




Hey, so right now I’m still in San Francisco, but soon I’ll go to Phoenix. I’m superexited for the trip, so I thought I could write about these two! Let’s start with San Francisco.
San Francisco is in the state California and is nicknamed Fog City and Frisco. It’s most famous for the Golden Gate Bridge, it’s so cool! Another reason why it’s famous is because it’s a large gay population in this city, I think that’s really cool too. San Francisco is the 4th largest city in the state California, the biggest is LA. When it was founded, the city was Spanish and was called “Yerba Buena”, which means “Good Herb”. The reason it was called this, is because mint grew there in abundance. Another reason it’s famous is that it’s many internet companies here. Like Gap Inc., Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Yelp, Pinterest, Twitter, Uber, Mozilla and Craigslist. It’s cold in the summer, really foggy and steep rolling hills. So, it’s really cold here, but I like it. The population of San Francisco as of 2013 was 837,442.
 
After being here some time, I’ll take a car-ride to Phoenix. Phoenix lies in Arizona, so it’ not the longest car-trip. It’s the capital and the largest city of the state. The city have a desert climate, it’s really dusty and a lot of cactuses. It is hot summers and warm winters as well. The population of Phoenix as of 2010 was 1,445,632. The tourism is the longest running industry of the city. It’s a lot of hotels, 62,000 hotel-rooms and it’s over 16 million visitors every year. It’s nicknamed “Valley of the Sun” and “The Valley”. One of the biggest attractions is golf. It’s so many golf courses, over 200. Another attraction is the Grand Canyon, I really hope I can visit it. I’m not too sure about Golfing, it’s not really my thing.  
   
Well, tomorrow I’m going to Phoenix, so I need to pack my bag and make sure I’m ready to leave tomorrow, my time in San Francisco have been so much fun. Like, I can’t describe how nice it’s here… See you later! Byebye!
Nora

Sources used:
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix,_Arizona

 

1 kommentar:

  1. Hi:) You have written a good post with nice images:) I wish you could elaborate a bit more about the cities. Check the evaluation sheet as well. Also remember that you "are" in the city, you can write about the things you do and experience. Use your imagination:)

    SvarSlett